Social Media Week is coming BACK to Toronto in less than a month!
We have an outstanding program this year with two full days at CBC’s Glenn Gould Studio theatre, a full third day of workshops, and networking social mixers and special events throughout the week at locations around the downtown core.
Programming Highlights Include:
- A conversation with the Head of VICE Canada,Nina Sudra
- Video Creator & LinkedIn Influencer, LA’s Goldie Chan (aka “The Oprah of LinkedIn”) will sit down with LinkedIn’s Jeff Lancaster
- Cannabis culture experts from HERB.co with Jeff Lyon of Tokyo Smoke
- Award-Nominated “Meme Queens” @MyTherapistSays (Nicole Argiris and Lola Tash)
- Twitter Canada’s Head of Business Marketing, Michelle Slater and Matt Sutton, Global Brand Marketing Manager at Facebook
- “Swish” Manu Goswami: Canada’s Top 20 Under 20 & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, UN Youth Ambassador, TEDx Speaker and Founder/CEO of Trufan
- YouTube Stars: The Sorry Girls, Amanda Rach Lee & The Icing Artist
- Digital Media expert Ramona Pringle (Ryerson faculty + Regular CBC Contributor)
- Media personalities and experts including CBC Toronto (Chris Glover) and the Globe & Mail
This year’s lineup features some of Toronto’s top talent including “Meme Queens” Lola Tash and Nicole Argiris of instagram mega-fame @MyTherapistSays (3 million+ followers), and a panel of top award-winning YouTube creators & influencers including The Sorry Girls, the Icing Artist and AmandaRachLee. Also joining us from Los Angeles is the “Oprah of LinkedIn,” Goldie Chan.
Hear from top digital and media companies like VICE Canada’s General Manager, Nina Sudra, the Globe and Mail’s Globe Content Studio, Twitter Canada’s Michelle Slater, Head of Business Marketing, and CBC Contributor and digital media expert, Ramona Pringle.
In addition to exploring the top trends in social media for 2019 from local and national brands, we’ll also be taking a look back at the biggest online social movements of the year with leading activists/speakers like Hannah Alper and digital strategist Jennifer Hollett.
We’ll explore important themes in social media, mental wellness and mindfulness with Notable founder and “Anxiety Ownership” expert, speaker/author Julian Brass. VIP “All Access” Pass holders will be treated to a special tour, fireside chat and networking session at Hoame, Toronto’s stunning new meditation and wellness studio.
As always, Social Media Week Toronto will kick off with an awesome opening night party at Toronto’s iconic Thompson Hotel Lobby Bar. Be sure to register for your VIP All Access Pass to get the most out of the event including day sessions at Glenn Gould Studio and additional workshops and special events.
Stay tuned as we roll out additional programming details, locations and partners – follow us on social media, visit our website, and subscribe to email updates to get the latest details on Canada’s only Social Media Week – #SMWTO.